My name is Jo and I’m a specialist (level 4) personal trainer, specialist Pilates instructor and yoga teacher based in Walmer, Deal, Kent. I’m registered with CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, an industry regulating body for personal trainers and gym instructors in the UK) as well as Yoga Alliance Professionals. I have full public liability insurance and work from my home garden studio.
- Making physical activity fun and a normal part of daily life
- Understanding what healthy eating means and making it enjoyable and sustainable
- Identifying and adopting good mental health strategies
As a working mother with two children and many demands on my time, I understand how ‘being healthy’ can feel like a massive task for many people.
As a Personal Trainer
I understand how poor fitness, nutrition and stress affects the body negatively and how powerful even small changes can be to improve your health and well-being
- I aim to make sessions interesting, progressive and fun!
- I am to maximise what each body is capable of – no ‘one size fits all’
As a Pilates and Yoga Teacher
- My classes are inclusive, friendly and informal
- I offer choice – it’s your time and money after all!
- I provide an encouraging group environment where everyone is welcome
- I offer flexibility with a regular weekly program of classes – I know how sometimes best laid plans don’t always go to plan.
|Level 4 Diploma in Specialist Exercise (Low Back Pain)
|Yoga Alliance UK Hatha Flow Yoga Teacher (200hr)
|Specialist Diploma in Advanced Mat Pilates (Level 3)
|Diploma in Personal Training (Level 3)
|Pregnancy and Postnatal Yoga Trained (Yoga Alliance UK)
|Pilates for Common Orthopaedic Conditions
|Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Level 2)
|Yin Yoga Trained (Yoga Alliance UK)
|Pilates with Small Equipment
|Exercise Referral (Level 3)
|Award in Instructing Kettlebells (Level 2)
Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes (Level 3)
|Emergency First Aid (valid to 03/2026